“It just isn’t what I saw in my head.” No one (and I mean no one) wants to say this, either audibly or in their head when they stand back and look at their remodeling project. You aren’t just dating a remodel, you are married to it, so you better make sure that it is something that you cannot only live with, but enjoy. At A-Team Construction, serving Scottsdale and the Greater Phoenix Valley, we want your remodel to not just meet, but exceed your expectations. We want you to say “It is even better than I imagined.”
Here are 5 tips for you to keep in mind when you are working on a remodel, an addition or a new construction project:
1. “Well, this stuff looks ok. Don’t you think?”:
- The perils of buying cheap material. Our advice is, don’t do it. You will always regret is; yes at first it will look like it will save you money and initially it might. But it will leave you with a finished product that doesn’t satisfy and doesn’t last. Save up, do it right and you won’t regret it.
2. Measure twice, cut once:
- Most of us have heard this old carpenter adage, but history that isn’t adhered to is bound to repeat itself. So listen up and make sure that your measurements are performed proficiently, accurately and don’t be afraid to ask them to be done twice. Even a little off when it comes to a remodel can cause a big, expensive problem.
3. “This is so in this year!”:
- Homes in Scottsdale are high-end, classy and can be modern. But Arizona construction is also very traditional and practical. But be careful with creating a remodel that is too trendy or impractical. Think of your remodel as a canvas that you can accessorize, you want it to be flexible enough to support your changing tastes over the years. You will also be living in this space so you want it to be practicable and completely livable.
4. It might require more of it, but you should go green:
- With a remodel you want to think sustainability. This semi-relates back to tip number 1, green materials can be more expensive. But they should be looked at as an investment. Over time, items like energy efficient appliances, windows and solar panels will save you money, especially in places like Scottsdale, where the weather and sun can be leveraged. With a remodel, an addition or a new construction project, you really want to turn your eyes upward and think long term.
5. “Well, he looked really good on paper”:
- There is one way you can be sure that you will have a remodeling nightmare. Hire the wrong contractor; they are not all created equal. Carefully going over the bids that you receive, getting a feel for the contractor, finding out if he is licensed and fully insured and his experience in the type of remodel that you are looking to do are all important. In a contractor-client relationship, communication is paramount, so make sure that you find someone who understands the finished project you want and knows how to bring it to fruition.
Let A-Team Construction take charge of your next residential or commercial remodeling, addition or new construction project. Give us a call or let us call you today!
Last updated: September 10, 2015 at 14:10 pm